Greetings from the land of unpredictable weather.
This week was a fairly uneventful one. I took down most of the Christmas decorations and did a little catch up cleaning because I didn't keep up with the house very well during the holidays.
Colorado weather continues to confuse and astound me. Because we have had problems with Rick's little Pontiac behaving on the ice, when a strom comes in, Rick takes the Buick (who I have named Roy FYI) which handles better in slippery conditions because of its mass. This leaves me at home without a car, so I did all my errands early in the week because we were supposed to get several inches of snow on Wednesday. Wedneaday arrived, but no storm did. In the early afternoon there were snowflakes in the air that didn't land because of the wind and it was sunny. In the later afternoon, it was dark and overcast but didn't snow at all. That was the extent of the storm. Now, it wasn't a huge inconviance to not have the car as I just stayed home and worked on filing some papers, but I am just amazed at how frequently the weather report is wrong.
Rick had a hard time going back to work this week. He had been taking a lot of time off for Christmas and New Years (I think he worked a total of four days in two weeks) so he wasn't happy to disrupt his schedule of relaxing and hanging out with his wife. He was happy about the haircut that he got this week. We bought hair clippers a while ago with the intention that I would buzz him every two or three week. This intention has gone the way of many good intentions and it had been almost three months. Oops!
Hopefully my intention to keep the blog updated will fare better.
Before the Candle Burns Out
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment