Happy 17th.
For those of you who don't know, I have kind of a thing with the number seventeen. It's been my favorite number since I was a kid. I don't know why, but it is. So...happy 17th!!!
This week has been kind of a blur. I have not been very productive at home, spending most of my time reading and watching TV. I have managed to keep up on dishes, laundry and feeding Rick, so I'm not doing that bad. I've felt a little lonely, going from having many classes with lots of people, to staying at home all day by myself. We did get to have dinner with the Schoonmakers last Sunday, I visisted my sister-in-law Karen on Friday and we had dinner with Rick's family today so we haven't been total hermits, but I'm looking forward to dance classes starting so I can see more people during the day. I very much enjoyed spending time with my nieces and nephews today. Catalina was especially adorable. Her father told her that she should sleep over at my house and she said no, she wanted to sleep over at Grandma's. I was mock offended and asked if she didn't like me anymore. Keep in mind that she is two and a half. She looked very confused and said "No, I like you. And Rick. I like Rick. Do you like me?" I told her I did, because she was so darn cute. She then asked if I liked her dad and I said yes I did, but that he was not as cute as she was and she said something to the effect of "Yes, I am darn cute." It was hilarious... Maybe you just had to be there and here her say it.
Rick has been very busy at work. He has a deadline coming up and so he's going in to work tomorow even though it's technically a holiday for his company. He's been going in fairly early in the mornings though, so I usually get to see him for a good amount of time in the evenings. We've both been a little sick which means we usually end up watching movies instead of going out or playing games.
Speaking of being sick, we didn't make it to church today, which I feel terrible about, since I left my team teacher on her own with somewhere between six and nine three year olds. One of my goals this year is to be a better Sunbeam teacher, more prepared, more creative lessons, better about keeping the peace in class, etc. It's pretty hard to improve on that if I don't show up. I'll have to try harder next week.
Before the Candle Burns Out
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment