Our little family

Our little family

Living the Lockard Life

Commentary on the topsy-turvy-crazy-wonderful life of the Lockards.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First blog of the new year? First blog ever!

Happy New Year everyone. This is my first attempt at a blog, so please bear with me. I will probably be doing most of the writing, as Rick is not all that interested in the blog concept.

So...where to start? The most exciting news is that I graduated from Pikes Peak Community College. I'll get my diploma for an Associates of Arts any day now. The collage only has a ceremony once a year, so I'll be walking sometime in May. I haven't decided yet what I want to do now, although a degree in Massage Therepy is high on the list. I have a few months to make up my mind though, since I'm going to spend this next semester dancing and recouperating from my jam-packed schedule last semester.

As far as church goes, Rick was called as the Elder's Quorum Secretary a few months ago, and I"m still a primary teacher. I have a new class of Sunbeams this year, all of whom are adorable but haven't yet learned the notions of sitting quietly, taking turns and paying attention to the teacher. There are eight kids listed in the class and six of them were in Primary today. I do have a team teacher, but she is due to have her first baby in February and it's a slow proccess to get a replacement from what I hear, so I may be on my own for a while. We'll see how I hold up.

We're both looking forward to a new year and the new adventrues that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment