Our little family

Our little family

Living the Lockard Life

Commentary on the topsy-turvy-crazy-wonderful life of the Lockards.

Monday, January 10, 2011

An update on our crazy-wonderful life

So I have once again fallen woefully behind in the blogging world. The last time i posted I was in my second trimester of pregnancy and Rick was about to start classes. Wow, so much has happened since then that I'm not sure I can do it all justice. I will give a basic update now (so I can't procrastinated again) and have to come back to give more details about specific events.

Rick started his first semester of pre-med classes. He was taking biology, chemistry and, because of a weird policy on the transfer of credits from his bacholer's degree, a repeat of college algebra. He loved the science classes and excelled in them. He put a lot of time into studying and it paid off with all A's at the end of the semester.

I grew bigger and bigger. My throwing up was under control but the last trimester brought nuclear heartburn and nearly crippling backaches. Rick also had a lot of fun laughing at me when I got stuck on the couch or the floor, although he did always help me up after he finished laughing. This usually took longer than I liked, especially since I generally discovered I was stuck when I tried to get up to go to the bathroom. As my due date loomed closer and closer, I became more desperate for the baby to just get here already. I called my mom one day and cried to her about how horrible I felt and she decided that she would come out to Colorado to keep me sane until the boy made his appearance.

My mom and brother Robin arrived late Tuesday/early Wednesday (11/30-12/1) and I went into labor Wednesday evening (on my due date). Sixty-one hours later, and no that is not a typo, I gave birth to our adorable son.

Peter Jonalwyn Montgomery Lockard was born at 9:10 am on December 4th. He was 8 lbs 2 oz and 21 1/4 in. long. He is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Rick was thrilled to finally get to hold his son and I was overjoyed to be not pregnant and not in labor (FINALLY!)

Here would be where I would insert many wonderful pictures of our newborn baby if I wasn't so lame. I am posting this from my phone in the middle of the night while I'm feeding Peter and I can only get pictures to post from my computer so you'll just have to stay tuned for visual proof of Peter's title of Cutest Baby Ever.

My mom left for home the following Monday, leaving Robin behind. He stayed with us until the week of Christmas when the rest of my family came out and he joined them at their
hotel.

So that's the important detials of the last couple of months. I intend to post my birh story and plenty of pictures of Peter tomorrow, but you've seen how well my intentions of blogging every week went last year so we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment